Thursday, September 12, 2013

Rebirth

They say 'Time flies', but then 'they' are 'THEY'. I feel we give it wings to fly. And I definitely did as is prevalent from my last post here, more than 2 years back. Now, that I had the urge to come here, I felt a bit uneasy with the renovated streets. Seeing my place in the same old paint, I thought of renovating it as well first but gave up. Before painting the walls, I ought to bring it to life - removing the curtains, bringing in the lights.

Earlier I wrote here the poetic and chaotic thoughts that would crop up and the same would continue. I don't expect to get many readers or critics, it was and would now be more of a record of my mental being, the refining of thoughts and development of perspective. Now that I read my old posts here, some come to me as embarrassing while some amaze me at the maturity level. Hiding them under sheets and bringing up a new blog would have been a much safe option but then that would have meant a broken link. And a I prefer life analog way not digital.

I had been thinking of coming back here from past couple of weeks and it was destined to be today. A day that marks birthday of two persons who have influenced my thoughts and refined my writing to a great extent. I owe a lot to both of them in respective fields- my masters- though neither would acknowledge that and laugh it away with humbleness or pull my leg for this write up. I had not planned the rebirth of my blog to this day, it's a beautiful coincidence and the words are flowing so swiftly today- under their stars today... Am I...!!

The two people who won't like their name being mentioned are the most intellectual minds I've met in my ironically small life. What I conclude from the them is that the simple and clear your thoughts are, the deeper you can dive into them and the more you can build up on them. One of them has extremely influenced my musical taste,  I wouldn't be wrong if I say that I have borrowed his taste for music. Having least knowledge of music, everything with good lyrics is good music for me or all that is good for ears is good music for me. And that person has literally built my music taste while the other one has added more to it in a different genre. Both are AVID readers, amazing writers- poets, storytellers, orators and a lot more (writing after so many days limits my dictionary and I feel so sorry for myself). One writes in Hindi and the other is equally affluent in English. They are my standards in this genre that as a kid I thought to be my forte and now aim to reach their mark first.

One of them reintroduced me to writing when I had lost it in 'studies' by asking me to review the works. That is when I found myself again and now that the person maintains a regular blog and unfailingly asks me to review every post, I have been ignoring it over other things. Not that I don't care about the person or am too busy with life but I just didn't do that. The same way that I didn't venture here for two years. I feel bad and even feared losing the faith of that person but intellectual people are too humble and I have been lucky with that.

The other one has been a constant guide for the past three years, literally forcing me to come back here and do the things I love. Again, no reasons why I didn't. The person has not refined my perspective but has made me more acceptable to other perspectives- it says it all I guess.
I can go on and on about them but their intellectual influence prevents me from doing that.
Hope their stars and this day would drive me to keep this place alive.



P.S. : The writer believes in third person narrative and less of first person- not much of a narcissist- and would try to keep up to that from next post.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!this comment area is may be for experts, but i am neither an expert in language nor in thoughts. simply loved your post!! :) and I may know that one person who make you more acceptable to other perspectives. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posting as anonymous won't help you in knowing that person...!!!

      Delete
    2. I know him already!! ;)

      Delete